Take the Stress Out of Children’s Eye Health
National statistics show that only 20% of parents take their children to have their eyes tested yearly, however, 92% of parents will take children for a dental check up. Don’t get caught out – it’s worrying that 20% of children starting reception were found to have an undiagnosed vision problem.
Many of us will remember having our eyes tested at school, however 70% of primary schools in England don’t offer visual screening and where it is offered it’s not extensive extensive enough given how modern technology has moved on, especially in eye care
Children find it hard to tell parents that they have an eye condition because they don’t know what normal is. So it’s important that you include eye examinations into your to do list.
Our optometrists are trained to check children’s eyes. At Realeyes we:
● Have the facility to use symbol charts instead of letters when needed;
● Check for conditions like squints, lazy eye, long and short sightedness. The earlier these conditions are picked up the better the treatment outcomes;
● Check their colour vision, focusing ability, depth perception;
● Use a Retinoscopy to closely check the back of the eye;
● Look the outside of the eye, looking at their eyelid health, eyelash follicles and any eye discharge or swelling;
Your children’s vision is very precious and at Realeyes we can help to ensure that it stays precious so book an appointment today. If your child does need vision correction, we have a huge selection of kids’ frames, featuring their favourite characters and colours.
Learn more about Childrens Eye Care here, or book your appointment online your nearest Realeyes branch.